Appling County, Georgia Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1818--Appling County was created 15 December 1818 from Creek Indian Lands. County seat: Baxley 
- US Vol. 5
- page 71 - Carter Family Cemetery, on Baxley and Miles Road
- page 71 - Hopewell Methodist Cemetery, on Baxley and Miles Road
- page 72 - Piney Grove Cemetery
- page 73 - Eason Family Cemetery
- page 73 - Joyner Family Cemetery
- page 73 - Wells Family Cemetery
- page 73 - Youman Cemetery, on Jim Spears Farm (1955)
- page 74 - Mount Vernon Baptist Church Cemetery
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).