Difference between revisions of "Anthony, Baker County, Oregon Genealogy"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m
m
(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
''[[United States|United States]] > [[Oregon|Oregon]] > [[Baker County, Oregon|Baker County]] > Anthony''  
+
{{Oregon-stub}}''[[United States|United States]] > [[Oregon|Oregon]] > [[Baker County, Oregon|Baker County]] > Anthony''  
  
 
*At the confluence of Eagle Creek and Little Eagle Creek. It operated intermittently from August 3, 1903, until May 15, 1907, when it was closed and  operations transferred to [[Sparta, Oregon|Sparta]]. Charles W. Hallford was the first and, probably, only postmaster. The office served a mining community that operated during the summer. It was named for Alfred W. Anthony, best known as an ornithologist but also a mining engineer, who developed the nearby Anthony Mine.
 
*At the confluence of Eagle Creek and Little Eagle Creek. It operated intermittently from August 3, 1903, until May 15, 1907, when it was closed and  operations transferred to [[Sparta, Oregon|Sparta]]. Charles W. Hallford was the first and, probably, only postmaster. The office served a mining community that operated during the summer. It was named for Alfred W. Anthony, best known as an ornithologist but also a mining engineer, who developed the nearby Anthony Mine.
 +
 +
[[Category:Baker_County,_Oregon]]

Revision as of 07:28, 26 August 2010

Template:Oregon-stubUnited States > Oregon > Baker County > Anthony

  • At the confluence of Eagle Creek and Little Eagle Creek. It operated intermittently from August 3, 1903, until May 15, 1907, when it was closed and  operations transferred to Sparta. Charles W. Hallford was the first and, probably, only postmaster. The office served a mining community that operated during the summer. It was named for Alfred W. Anthony, best known as an ornithologist but also a mining engineer, who developed the nearby Anthony Mine.