Anson County, North Carolina Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:52, 22 December 2010 by Murphynw (infobox, adoption sign)
|Anson County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1868--A courthouse fire destroyed many records.
- Chesterfield County, South Carolina
- Marlboro County, South Carolina
- [Jarman] German, John L. "Finding the Father of David German of North Carolina and Shelby County, Indiana," The American Genealogist, Vol. 68, No. 2 (Apr. 1993):87-94.
GenWeb has marriages for Anson County as early as 1825. They are abstracts from various sources.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).