Anoka County, Minnesota Genealogy
Guide to Anoka County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Anoka County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||May 23, 1857|
|Address|| Anoka County Courthouse|
325 East Main Street,
Anoka, MN 55303
Anoka County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clerk District Court has birth and death records from 1870,
marriage records from 1865, divorce, court and land records from 1866.
Probate Judge has probate records. 
- For a brief history of how Anoka County was named, click here. Then select Anoka County.
no apparent changes
Andover . Anoka . Bethel . Blaine . Centerville . Circle Pines . Columbia Heights . Columbus . Coon Rapids .East Bethel . Fridley . Ham Lake . Hilltop . Lexington . Lino Lakes . Nowthen . Oak Grove . Ramsey . St. Francis . Spring Lake Park
Civil War service men from Anoka County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Anoka County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry (Mounted Rangers), Company C.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company C.
- - 5th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company F.
- - 8th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company A.
- - Hatch's Independent Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry, Company E.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Anoka County, MN Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Anoka County MNGenWeb Project, an member of The MNGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- Cyndi's List: Anoka County
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Anoka County, Minnesota page 362, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).