American Fork, Utah
Many experts recommend starting your research with the death records first. A first thought might be to begin instead with birth records, but the death record is the most recent record. It may be more likely to be available to you. Death records are kept in the state where your ancestor died, not where they were buried. However these records can provide a burial location. Death records are especially helpful because they may provide important information on a person's birth, spouse, and parents. Some researchers look first for death records because there are often death records for persons who have no birth or marriage records.
Death records are frequently considered as primary source records for the death and burial dates, locations and cause of death. They are secondary sources for birth information unless the birth occurred within days of the death.
Utah requires a death certificate before a burial is completed. A death certificate may contain information as to the name of the deceased,date of death and place of death, as well as the age, birth date, parents, gender, marital status, spouse and place of residence.
- Utah Death Certificates Index 1904-1956- A free internet access to the death cerificates can be viewed at Family History Library Catalog
- For deaths before 1904 see Utah State Burial Index
Birth and Marriage Records
Utah Census Records
- Early history of American Fork : with some history of a later day 
CemeteriesAmercian Fork City Cemetery
BillionGraves page, shows Google map, searchable database of headstone photos with data.
American Fork Pioneer Memorial Cemetery
American Fork Cemetery
100 East 650 North
American Fork, Utah, 84003
- American Fork DUP Relic Hall, 50 South 100 East, American Fork, Utah
- Utah Digital Newspapers
- LOC Chronicling America Digitized Newspapers
- Utah County Newspapers
- Utah Newspapers - BYU Lee Library
Church History and Records
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- American Fork
- American Fork 1
- American Fork 2
- American Fork 3
- American Fork 4
- American Fork 5
- American Fork 6
- American Fork 7
- Shelley, George F.; Early history of American Fork, with some history of a later day FHL 979.224/A1 H2