Alpena Michigan Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 411 Long Rapids Plaza Road Alpena, Michigan 49707 ( Next to Alpena Orthopedics)
- Location on Map
- Tues & Wed: 10am- 3pm
- Closed Holidays as well as the preceeding and day following the event
- Closed between Christmas and New Years,
- Closed July 1-15
Calendar and Events: Staff member RoseMarie will introduce the newest software of the Church
" Family Tree" to the Northeast Michigan Genealogical Society on January 17th, 7pm at the Church facility at 411 Long Rapids Plaza.The public is welcome.
- A Professional genelogist is available twice monthly. Call for an appointment.
- Ella has a specialty in Michigan research.
- RoseMarie specializes in Polish/German research, but can assist you in other foreign research quest.
- Bob has experience in New England, English, FrenchCandian research.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to assist patrons in on-line microfilm orders of any films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Over 500 microfilms of Birth-Marriage-Death records from county court houses in Michigan
- Microfilm collection of Polish and German records in the present area of Poznan.
- English films for Cornwall and Lincolnshire.
- Currently collecting the French-Canadian marriage index( Loiselle), many films available.
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 3 on-line computers
- 3 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers
- microfilm reader/printer
- wireless Internet
Resources in the Local Area
- The George Fletcher Library (AKA The Alpena Public Library) has marvelous local history and genealogical collections.
Volunteer at the Center
If you have been involved is family history research and are interested in helping others -please call the center during hours of operation . We would love to orientate you to our Center.