All Hallows Staining, London Genealogy
London All Hallows Staining family history and genealogy research page. Guide to parish registers (baptisms, christenings, marriages, and burials), civil registration (births, marriages, and deaths), census records, history, wills, cemetery, online transcriptions and indexes, an interactive map and website resources.
- 1 Church records
- 2 Census records
- 3 Civil Registration
- 4 Probate records
- 5 Cemetery
- 6 Records of the Poor
- 7 Parish History
- 8 Maps and Gazetteers
- 9 Web sites
- 10 References
Webb published an index to burials for the years 1813 to 1853.
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes. Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, nonconformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection. Here is a list of church records on microfilm at the Family History Library (FHL) in Salt Lake City.
- All Hallows Staining, Langbourn Ward, London (The National Archives, Ref: E179/145/143); copy: FHL Film 2228700.
- All Hallows Staining, Tower Ward, London (The National Archives, Ref: E179/145/201); copy: FHL Film 2228700.
- 1582 London Subsidy Roll, Langbourn Ward - All Sayntes Stayninges Parish, courtesy: British History Online
- 1582 London Subsidy Roll, Tower Ward - Alhallowes Parish, courtesy: British History Online
- All Hallows Staining, Langbourn Ward, London (The National Archives, Ref: E179/147/490); copy: FHL Film 2228702.
- All Hallows Staining, Tower Ward, London (The National Archives, Ref: E179/147/501); copy: FHL Film 2228702.
- All Hallows Staining, Aldgate Ward, London (The National Archives, Ref: E179/147/549); copy: FHL Film 2228703.
1638 Inhabitants List
- All Hallows Staining, Aldgate Ward, London (The National Archives, Ref: E179/147/595); copy: FHL Film 2228704.
1666 Hearth Tax
1692-1932 Land Taxes
1695 Inhabitants Lists
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish.
Before 1858, All Hallows Staining, London Genealogy fell under the jurisdiction of the Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London. From 1858 to the present, refer to the Principal Probate Registry.
Go to London Probate Records to find the names of the courts having secondary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
CemeteryCatalogue of the most Memorable Persons who had visible Tombs, plated Gravestones ... in the City of London (through) A.D. 1700, which is available online.
A cemetery survey (1910), available online, covers monumental inscriptions in the All Hallows Staining churchyard.
Find A Grave has a page about All Hallows Staining Church monumental inscriptions.
Records of the Poor
Contributor: Add information about the pertinent poor law unions in the area.
In 1870, All Hallows Staining Parish Church was demolished and the parish united with St. Olave Hart Street. Only the tower stands today.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Web sites(The London Family History Centre Catalogue is a terrific resource for identifying FamilySearch's London collections).
- London Family History Centre Catalogue
- Society of Genealogists Library Catalogue (to narrow results, conduct a subject search for 'London All Hallows Staining')
- London, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Described as All Hallows Staining in the City of London. Marriages from 1754 to 1812 are not included in this database. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Described as All Hallows Staining in the City of London. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Described as All Hallows Staining in the City of London. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Described as All Hallows Staining in the City of London. Partially indexed.
- Batch C040361, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for London including Middlesex (A-M), England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 8 June 2011. Indexes derived from parish registers and parish register transcripts.
- 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 12 June 2011; Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists Enterprises Ltd., 1994). FHL Book 942 K22L 1994
- 'Boyd's London Burials Index - places and counts,' Find My Past, accessed 8 June 2011. Indexes adult male burials only.
- Batch M040361, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for London including Middlesex (A-M), England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 8 June 2011. Indexes parish registers.
- John Hanson, 'City of London Burials,' Find My Past, accessed 8 June 2011.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes (n.p.: n.p., n.d.). FHL British Book 942 V25pm
- 'Greater London Burials: Middlesex and City of London Burials: Parishes, Counts and References,' (Wayback Machine) British Origins, accessed 4 April 2013.
- Cliff Webb, Some London Burials, Post-1812 (1979). FHL Book 942.1/L1 K29w.
- Payne Fisher and G. Blacker Morgan, Catalogue of the Tombs in the Churches of the City of London, A.D. 1666 (1668; reprint, London: Hasell, Watson, Viney, Ld., 1885). Digitised by Internet Archive.
- Percy C. Rushden, The Churchyard Inscriptions of the City of London (London: Phillimore and Co., Ltd., 1910). Digitised by Internet Archive.
- James Elmes, A Topographical Dictionary of London and its Environs (London: Whittaker, Treacher and Arnot, 1831). Adapted. Digitized by Google Books.
- Society of Genealogists - England: London Resources, accessed 19 June 2011.
- Footnote 139. '1582 London Subsidy Roll: Tower Ward', Two Tudor subsidy rolls for the city of London: 1541 and 1582 (1993), pp. 278-289. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=36143 Date accessed: 05 July 2011.