All Hallows, Lombard Street, London Genealogy
The modern name of this parish is All Hallows, Twickenham.
All Hallows, Lombard Street, the church of, is situate in Bell Alley, near the north corner of Lombard Street, in the Ward of Langborn. A church stood here dedicated to the same patrons before the year 1053. It is a rectory, and one of the 13 peculiars within the city, appertaining to the see of Canterbury.The advowson appears to have been anciently in lay hands, as Brithmer, a wealthy citizen, with the approbation calls Archbishop Stigand and Dean Goderic, give it with a messuage adjoining to the cathedral church of Canterbury in the year 1503; by virtue of which donative it still remains in the gift of the Dean and chapter of the Metropolitan Church. It is a neat, plain, and like all Sir Christopher Wren's churches, a welcome proportioned edifice. The body is 84 feet in length, 52 in breadth and 30 in height.
All Hallows Lombard Street was a part of Langbourn Ward.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
|Online All Hallows Lombard Street Parish Register Images and Indexes|
|Images||1550-1812 Ancestry baptisms, marriages, and burials|
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes. Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, nonconformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection. Here is a list of church records on microfilm at the Family History Library (FHL) in Salt Lake City.
- Inhabitants of London in 1638 - All Hallows, Lombard Street, courtesy: British History Online
- Hearth Tax: City of London 1666 - All Hallows Lombard Street, courtesy: British History Online.
Contributor: Include an overview if there is any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed. Add a link to online sites for indexes and/or images. Also add a link to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Middlesex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Find A Grave has started a page about burials at All Hallows Lombard Street.
Poor Law Unions
Contributor: Add information about the pertinent poor law unions in the area.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- All Hallows, Twickenham (official website)
- London Family History Centre Catalogue
- Society of Genealogists Library Catalogue (to narrow results, conduct a subject search for 'London All Hallows Lombard Street')
- London, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as All Hallows Lombard Street in the City of London. Marriages from 1754 to 1812 are not included in this database. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as All Hallows Lombard Street in the City of London. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as All Hallows Lombard Street in the City of London. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as All Hallows Lombard Street in the City of London. Partially indexed.
- Batches C037651, see: Hugh Wallis, "IGI Batch Numbers for London including Middlesex (A-M), England," IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 8 June 2011. Indexes parish register transcripts.
- "Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county," Origins.net, accessed 12 June 2011; Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists Enterprises Ltd., 1994). FHL Book 942 K22L 1994
- John Hanson, "City of London Burials," Find My Past, accessed 8 June 2011.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes (n.p.: n.p., n.d.). FHL British Book 942 V25pm
- Batches M037651, see: Hugh Wallis, "IGI Batch Numbers for London including Middlesex (A-M), England," IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 8 June 2011. Indexes parish register transcripts.