Albuquerque New Mexico West Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
This Family History Center is open every day of the week, with few exceptions. Currently we are supported by two stakes (Albuquerque West and Rio Rancho LDS Stakes). We have microfilm records from all NM Native American tribes and some Arizona tribes with readers to access this information. This center has a permenant collection of over 1,000 microfilms and fiche and hundreds of books. Internet access on 6 computers.
- 4500 Seven Bar Loop Road NW
- Albuquerque, NM
- (located on the corner of Ellison and Seven Bar Loop roads)
- Phone #: 505-898-7583 (please call before coming, to verify that staff is in)
- Hours of Operation:
- Monday 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Tuesday 9:30 am - 3:30 pm and 6 pm - 9 pm
- Wednesday 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Thursday 9:30 am - 3:30 pm and 6 pm - 9 pm
- Friday 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Saturday 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Sunday 6 pm - 8 pm (closed the 1st Sunday of each Month)
- Typically closed for week-ends which include holidays
- Usefull Information:
- Access to Center is the entrance on the West side of the building.
- If door is locked, please ring bell at the upper right of the door.
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)