Difference between revisions of "Albany County, Wyoming Genealogy"
|Line 103:||Line 103:|
===== Societies =====
===== Societies =====
*Albany County Genealogical Society<br>P.O. Box 6163<br>Laramie 82073<br>
*Albany County Genealogical Society<br>P.O. Box 6163<br> Laramie 82073<br>
*American Heritage Center<br>University of
*American Heritage Center<br>University of Dept. 3924<br>1000 East University <br>Laramie 82061<br>Telephone: (307)766-4114<br>The American Heritage Center includes a manuscript collection Wyomingthe American West, mining and more. They have a digital collection photos and documents video and audio recordings.
==== Taxation ====
==== Taxation ====
Revision as of 20:52, 16 April 2013
- This article is about a southeastern Wyoming county. For other uses, see Albany.
Guide to Albany County Wyoming genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Albany County, Wyoming|
Location of Wyoming in the U.S.
|Founded||December 16, 1868|
|Address|| Albany County Courthouse|
County Courthouse Rm 202
Laramie, WY 82070
Albany County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Biography
- 2.2 Cemeteries
- 2.3 Census
- 2.4 Church Records
- 2.5 Court Records
- 2.6 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.7 Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
- 2.8 Genealogy
- 2.9 History
- 2.10 Land and Property
- 2.11 Maps
- 2.12 Migration
- 2.13 Military
- 2.14 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.15 Newspapers
- 2.16 Obituaries
- 2.17 Probate
- 2.18 Public Records
- 2.19 Repositories
- 2.20 Libraries
- 2.21 Taxation
- 2.22 Vital Records
- 2.23 Websites
- 3 Places
- 4 References
- Parent County: original county created 16 December 1868
- County Seat: Laramie 
- Neighboring Counties: Carbon | Converse | Jackson | Laramie | Larimer | Natrona | Platte
Albany County was created 16 December 1868 from Laramie County of Dakota Territory. It became one of the five original counties of Wyoming Territory which included Laramie and Carter counties, created in 1867, Carbon and Albany counties created in 1868, and Uinta County.
The History of Wyoming, published 1918, and edited by I.S. Bartlette, includes a chapter on the counties of Wyoming. Albany County is first and includes photos of the original courthouse, post office and other early buildings in Albany County.
For tips on accessing Albany County, Wyoming Genealogy census records online, see: Wyoming Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
Land and Property
Naturalization and Citizenship
- University of Wyoming Yearbooks - misc. volumes digiitzed and online at the Internet Archive
The present Albany County courthouse was designed by Wilbur Hitchcock and constructed 1931 - 1932. (photo)
County Clerk has marriage records from 1869, burial records from 1885, land records from 1868 and military records from 1919; Clerk District Court has divorce, probate, court and naturalization records
Family History Centers
- Albany County Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 6163
Laramie WY 82073
- American Heritage Center
University of Wyoming Dept. 3924
1000 East University Ave
Laramie WY 82061
The American Heritage Center includes a manuscript collection of Wyoming, the American West, mining and more. They have a digital collection of photos and documents and video and audio recordings.
Over 1,064 marriages from 8 Jun 1869 to 6 Jan 1900 are listed in the Western States Marriage Index.
- The Albany County WY GenWeb Project, a member of The WYGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project
- Lookups (GenWeb)
- Family History Library Catalog
- Albany County Genealogy (Wyoming Genealogy)
|Albany||Cooper Lake||Howell||Red Buttes||West Laramie|
|Binford||Dale Creek||Jelm||Rock Creek (hist.)||Wilcox|
|Bosler||Deerwood||Keystone||Rock River||Woods Landing|
|Collins (hist.)||Hermosa||Mountain Home||Tie Siding|
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 766. Albany County, Wyoming