Alamo, Grant County, Oregon Genealogy
A Spanish word meaning poplar or cottonwood tree, was made famous in American history in 1836. It is not known if it was named after the Alamo mine which was nearby or after the Texan one. The post office was established May 19, 1900, with Fred McCoy first postmaster. Available records are incomplete and presumed not much after 1905. The post office served mostly the gold mines located on Clear Creek, Olive Creek and Beaver Creek and the placer miners.