Akron Ohio Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 106 E Howe Rd Tallmadge OH 44278-1055 United States
- East end of church building. First door on right. Has ramp at left end. May park along the side or in the back of the building. Other doors are usually locked.(
- Handicap ramp.
- Jeanne Peugh
- Assistant Directors: Margaret Arthurs
- Thursday: 7:00-9:00 PM
Groups of 4 or more, please call ahead to have staff to accommodate you.
Holiday Schedule: We will be closed on Saturday, September 2nd and Monday September 4th for Labor Day - We will also be closed on Saturday, September 16th because we will have a booth at the Global Village Festival of Greater Akron. Please come join us.
We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness: Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours: Closed on Major holidays:
Calendar and Events
October 14, 2017 - Family History Fair - 9:30 am - Registration - 9:45 Opening Remarks - Class 10:00 am - 2:30 pm - Lunch 12:20 - 12:55 (Provided)
DNA Research 101/102 -- John Ashcraft
Compare Giants - Family Seach, Ancestry, My Heritage, and Find My Past - Sunny Morton (handout)
What's So Special About Special Censuses - Sunny Morton (handout)
Akron Summit Public Library --- Jane Gramlich
Family Search 101/102 - --- David/Ellen Stark
German Records -- Gudrun Hull
African-American Records --- Rhonda Abrams
Indexing - Irene Kanouff
Family History Center --- Jeanne Peugh
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Various book for states and countries. One room dedicated to Ohio. Microfilm collection
- available as well as select microfiche.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers, printers, microfilm/microfiche readers, books, scanner/copier, Consultants.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)