Difference between revisions of "Airlie, Oregon"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Added citation needed template.)
Line 5: Line 5:
 
=== Quick Facts  ===
 
=== Quick Facts  ===
  
Southern terminus of the narrow gauge line of the Oregonian Railway Company, Limited. The tracks were subsequently widened to standard gauge, and the property acquired by the Southern Pacific Company.The station was named for the Earl of Airlie in Scotland. He was president of the Oregonian Railway Company, Limited, and visited Oregon during the course of construction. Most of the track on the Airlie branch was taken out in 1929. At one time, there was a post office. {{cn}}  
+
Southern terminus of the narrow gauge line of the Oregonian Railway Company, Limited. The tracks were subsequently widened to standard gauge, and the property acquired by the Southern Pacific Company.The station was named for the Earl of Airlie in Scotland. He was president of the Oregonian Railway Company, Limited, and visited Oregon during the course of construction. Most of the track on the Airlie branch was taken out in 1929. At one time, there was a post office. {{FHL|649857|item|disp=FHLC}}
  
Small farming community, southwest of Monmouth.
+
Small farming community, southwest of Monmouth.  
  
=== Cemetery ===
+
=== Cemetery ===
  
 
Williams Cemetery (may be James William Family Cemetery) {{coord|44.7470638|-123.3317676|name=Williams Cemetery}}  
 
Williams Cemetery (may be James William Family Cemetery) {{coord|44.7470638|-123.3317676|name=Williams Cemetery}}  
  
=== Church History and Records ===
+
=== Church History and Records ===
  
 
Note: USGS map shows presence of a church.  
 
Note: USGS map shows presence of a church.  

Revision as of 18:57, 19 February 2011

Coordinates: 44°27′00″N 123°11′43″W / 44.4501°N 123.1953°W / 44.4501; -123.1953

United States Gotoarrow.png Oregon Gotoarrow.png Polk County Gotoarrow.png Airlie

Quick Facts

Southern terminus of the narrow gauge line of the Oregonian Railway Company, Limited. The tracks were subsequently widened to standard gauge, and the property acquired by the Southern Pacific Company.The station was named for the Earl of Airlie in Scotland. He was president of the Oregonian Railway Company, Limited, and visited Oregon during the course of construction. Most of the track on the Airlie branch was taken out in 1929. At one time, there was a post office. FHLC

Small farming community, southwest of Monmouth.

Cemetery

Williams Cemetery (may be James William Family Cemetery) 44°44′49″N 123°19′54″W / 44.7470638°N 123.3317676°W / 44.7470638; -123.3317676 (Williams Cemetery)

Church History and Records

Note: USGS map shows presence of a church.

Template:Oregon-stub