Afton Wyoming Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Afton Family History Center serves all of Star Valley from Smoot to Alpine. It is located at 325 Jefferson Street, with off street parking to the east of the building. Our center is open to everyone wishing to do genealogical research.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 325 Jefferson Street
- We are located two blocks east and a half block north of the Maverik store. There is off street parking to the east of our center.
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Open Hours: Monday 9 AM - 5 PM, Tuesday - Thursday 9 AM - 8 PM, Friday 10 AM - 2 PM
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- We have online computers, microfilm readers, microfiche readers, printers, scanners, and copiers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We have over fourty consultants that work at the center to help patrons with their research.