Adlington, Cheshire Genealogy
Adlington was one of the 35 pre-Norman townships in the ancient parish of Prestbury and remained part of the parish of Prestbury and the records of Prestbury St Peter contain Adlington residents.
It is known as Eduluintune in the Domesday Book.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
- Macclesfield (1837–98)
- Cheshire East (1998+)
Adlington was a chapelry in the parish of Prestbury.
Adlington baptisms, 1777-1794, along with records for Chelford and Prestbury, form part of the Norman Collection (manuscript, transcript, handwritten) compiled by Bertram William Tuff Norman, available at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. (FHL BRITISH Book 942.71/P1 V26p; also on FHL BRITISH Film 823615 Item 3.)
Adlington, Methodist Chapel (New Connexion, later United Methodist). Built in 1870, closed in 1957.
Registers of marriages, 1941–54, are at the Record Office.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cheshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Poor Law Unions
Maps and Gazetteers
See a gazetteer description of Adlington at Vision of Britain.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.