Adlington, Cheshire Genealogy
Adlington was one of the 35 pre-Norman townships in the ancient parish of prestbury and remained part of the parish of Prestbury and the records of Prestbury St Peter contain Adlington residents.
It is known as Eduluintune in the Domesday Book.
- Macclesfield (1837–98)
- Cheshire East (1998+)
Adlington was a chapelry in the parish of Prestbury.
Adlington baptisms, 1777-1794, along with records for Chelford and Prestbury, form part of the Norman Collection (manuscript, transcript, handwritten) compiled by Bertram William Tuff Norman. FHL BRITISH Book 942.71/P1 V26pre.
Also on microfilm at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City: FHL BRITISH Film 823615 Item 3.
Adlington, Methodist Chapel (New Connexion, later United Methodist)
Built in 1870, closed in 1957. Registers of marriages, 1941–54, are at the Cheshire Record Office.
Poor Law Unions
Maps and Gazetteers
See a gazetteer description of Adlington at Vision of Britain.