Adamsville, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches
This page includes a timeline history, 1940 boundaries of wards and branches, and how to obtain the records. Source of information:
- Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941), p 5-6. Online through BYU Books. (Free) Text searchable. Also available through Ancestry.com ($).
As of 1940, the ward consisted of the village of Adamsville and surrounding farming districts in Beaver County, Utah. The village is on the right bank of Beaver Creek 9 miles west of Beaver, 9 miles northeast of Minersville, and 23 miles northeast of Milford. Adamsville was part of Beaver Stake, which encompassed all of Beaver County.
History Timeline to 1940
This timeline (arranged by year) includes events that affected records, record-keeping, and movements of Mormons in this area.
- 1862. Settled by David B Adams and 3 other families.
- 1867. About a dozen families arrived from the Sevier country due to Indian troubles there.
- 1868. Meeting house built.
- 1869. Beaver Stake was organized, with Beaver 3rd ward comprising the villages of Adamsville and Greenville.
- 1877. Adamsville and Greenville wards created, and Beaver 3rd ward dissolved.
Other History Resources
Many wards or branches appointed members to compile a history. Copies may be in the ward library or in homes of members. Some contain biographical sketches of members of the ward at the time of compilation.
Obtain the Records
Records up to about 1948 are available, usually on microfilm.
- List of Church records. of Adamsville, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches in the FamilySearch Library.
- For later records and additional resources, see Church History Library