Adamsville, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches
Unless otherwise noted, this outline was created from Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941), p 5-6. Online:
The ward/branch consisted of the village of Adamsville and surrounding farming districts in Beaver County, Utah. The village is on the right bank of Beaver Creek 9 miles west of Beaver, 9 miles northeast of Minersville, and 23 miles northeast of Milford.
In 1940, Beaver Stake contained all wards and branches located in Beaver County.
- 1862. Settled by David B Adams and 3 other families.
- 1867. About a dozen families arrived from the Sevier country due to Indian troubles there.
- 1868. Meeting house built.
- 1869. Beaver Stake was organized, with Beaver 3rd ward comprising the villages of Adamsville and Greenville.
- 1877. Adamsville and Greenville wards created, and Beaver 3rd ward dissolved.
Other History Resources
Many wards or branches appointed members to compile a history. Copies may be found in the ward library or in homes of members. Some contain biographical sketches of members of the ward at the time of compilation.
- Records. of Adamsville, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches in the FamilySearch Library.
- For records after 1948, see Church History Library