Adamsville, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches

From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 04:21, 29 September 2012 by AdkinsWH (talk | contribs) (References)

Jump to: navigation, search

Utah Church Records > Beaver County Church Records > Adamsville, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches

Unless otherwise noted, this outline was created from Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church]. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941), p 5-6. Online through BYU Books. (Free) Text searchable.

Boundaries

The ward/branch consisted of the village of Adamsville and surrounding farming districts in Beaver County, Utah. The village is on the right bank of Beaver Creek 9 miles west of Beaver, 9 miles northeast of Minersville, and 23 miles northeast of Milford.

In 1940, Beaver Stake contained all wards and branches located in Beaver County.

History Timeline

  • 1862. Settled by David B Adams and 3 other families.
  • 1867. About a dozen families arrived from the Sevier country due to Indian troubles there.
  • 1868. Meeting house built.
  • 1869. Beaver Stake was organized, with Beaver 3rd ward comprising the villages of Adamsville and Greenville.
  • 1877. Adamsville and Greenville wards created, and Beaver 3rd ward dissolved.

Other History Resources Found

Obtain the Records

References