Adams County, Washington Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 16:01, 25 September 2008 by Dsammy (added websites)
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
210 W Broadway
Ritzville, WA 99169
- Named for John Adams, the 2nd President of the United States.
- Originally mostly cattle ranching, the big wheat crop shifted the agriculture from cattle to wheat farming in 1897.
- 28 November 1883, Adams County was created from Whitman County. One of 4 counties created on this day, Skagit out of Whatcom, Douglas out of Lincoln, Franklin out of Whitman alongside with Adams.
- No counties created from Adams County.
Places / Localities
Societies and Libraries
- The Adams County WAGenWeb Project, a member of The WAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Adams County.
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Adams County.