Adams County, Washington Genealogy
- This article is about a southwestern Washington county. For other uses, see Adams.
|Adams County, Washington|
Location in the state of Washington
| Map of the U.S. highlighting Washington|
Location of Washington in the U.S.
|Founded||November 28, 1883|
|Address|| Adams County Courthouse|
210 W. Broadway
Phone: (509) 659–3240
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Adams County Courthouse
210 W Broadway Avenue
Ritzville, WA 99169-1860
Phone: (509) 659–3257
County Auditor has birth and death records to 1907 and marriage records.
County Clerk has divorce and probate records.
County assessor has land records
- Named for John Adams, the 2nd President of the United States.
- Originally mostly cattle ranching, the big wheat crop shifted the agriculture from cattle to wheat farming in 1897.
- No counties created from Adams County.
Places / Localities
Listings for Adam's County Cemeteries can be found at the following websites:
- 1890 Veterans
Some military records for this county have been digitized at the Washington State Digital Archives.
Washington State Digital Archives has digitized various types of naturalization-related records, including declarations of intentions, delayed birth files, naturalization affidavits, notifications of application for admission to US citizenship, orders fixing naturalization terms, petitions and records, petitions, receipts for certificates of citizenship, record of final decrees of citizenship and record of petitions dockets. Depending on the county, records range from 1854-1988.
- Washington State Digital Archives has a database of Adams County Birth Records. This database contains the names of people who were born in Adams County from 1893-1907, 1910-1915, (several delayed birth returns: 1942). Their names were transcribed from the Adams County Birth Returns. For FHL entries, 1892-1907, click here
- Marriages from 12 Jun 1884 to 12 May 1892 are available on the Western States Marriage Index website.
- Washington State Digital Archives has a database of Adams County Marriage Records.
- Washington State Digital Archives has a database of Adams County Death Returns. This database contains names of people who died in Adams County from 1893-1907; 1910, 1913. For FHL entries, 1891-1907, 1929, click here.
- Washington Death Certificates 1907-1960 A free internet index to the 1907-1960 death certificates can be found at FamilySearch Record Search, no images are available. A transcribed death certificate may contain such information as name of the deceased, date and place of death, age, gender, birth date and birth place, mother’s maiden name and name of spouse, place of residence and occupation.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Adams County WAGenWeb Project, a member of The WAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Adams County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Adams County. (Mirror site)
- Family History Library Catalog
- Adams County, Washington Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Adams County, Washington page 732, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).