Difference between revisions of "Adams County, Washington Genealogy"
|Line 183:||Line 183:|
=== References ===
=== References ===
Revision as of 19:18, 3 May 2013
Guide to Adams County Washington genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Adams County, Washington|
Location in the state of Washington
Location of Washington in the U.S.
|Founded||November 28, 1883|
|Address|| Adams County, Washington Courthouse|
210 W. Broadway
Phone: (509) 659–3240
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Cemeteries
- 2.4 Census
- 2.5 Church Records
- 2.6 Court Records
- 2.7 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.8 Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
- 2.9 Gazetteers
- 2.10 Genealogy
- 2.11 History
- 2.12 Land and Property
- 2.13 Maps
- 2.14 Migration
- 2.15 Military
- 2.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.17 Newspapers
- 2.18 Obituaries
- 2.19 Periodicals
- 2.20 Probate
- 2.21 Public Records
- 2.22 Repositories
- 2.23 Taxation
- 2.24 Vital Records
- 2.25 Websites
- 3 Places
- 4 Adams County Washington Genealogy References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|* For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent County: created 28 November 1883 from Whitman County
- County Seat: Ritzville
- Named for John Adams, 2nd President of the United States.
- Originally mostly cattle ranching, the big wheat crop shifted the agriculture from cattle to wheat farming in 1897.
- Neighboring Counties: Franklin | Grant | Lincoln | Whitman
- Boundary Changes: No counties created from Adams County. 
Listings for Adam's County Cemeteries can be found at the following websites:
- 1890 Veterans
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
Land and Property
Some military records for this county have been digitized at the Washington State Digital Archives.
Naturalization and Citizenship
Washington State Digital Archives has digitized various types of naturalization-related records, including declarations of intentions, delayed birth files, naturalization affidavits, notifications of application for admission to US citizenship, orders fixing naturalization terms, petitions and records, petitions, receipts for certificates of citizenship, record of final decrees of citizenship and record of petitions dockets. Depending on the county, records range from 1854-1988.
Adams County Courthouse
210 W Broadway Avenue
Ritzville, WA 99169-1860
Phone: (509) 659–3257
County Auditor has birth and death records to 1907 and marriage records.
County Clerk has divorce and probate records.
County assessor has land records
Family History Centers
- Washington State Digital Archives has a database of Adams County Birth Records. This database contains the names of people who were born in Adams County from 1893-1907, 1910-1915, (several delayed birth returns: 1942). Their names were transcribed from the Adams County Birth Returns. For FHL entries, 1892-1907, click here
- Marriages from 12 Jun 1884 to 12 May 1892 are available on the Western States Marriage Index website.
- Washington State Digital Archives has a database of Adams County Marriage Records.
- Washington State Digital Archives has a database of Adams County Death Returns. This database contains names of people who died in Adams County from 1893-1907; 1910, 1913. For FHL entries, 1891-1907, 1929, click here.
- Washington Death Certificates 1907-1960 A free internet index to the 1907-1960 death certificates can be found at FamilySearch Record Search, no images are available. A transcribed death certificate may contain such information as name of the deceased, date and place of death, age, gender, birth date and birth place, mother’s maiden name and name of spouse, place of residence and occupation.
- The Adams County WAGenWeb Project, a member of The WAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Adams County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Adams County. (Mirror site)
- Family History Library Catalog
- Adams County, Washington Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
Adams County Washington Genealogy References
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Adams County, Washington page 732, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.