Adams County, Iowa Genealogy
- This article is about a southwestern Iowa county. For other uses, see Adams.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
Adams County Courthouse
500 9th St.
Corning, IA 50841
February 1, 1888 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Burned Counties Research in FamilySearch Wiki
- Michael John Neill, Burned Counties in Family History Circle
Lists of the cemeteries in Adams County can be found at IaGenWeb Adams County Cemeteries
Transcriptions of these cemeteries can be found at:
David Rumsey Map Collection is a large online collection of rare, old, antique historical atlases, globes, maps, charts plus other cartographic treasures.
Societies and Libraries
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).