Adair County, Missouri Genealogy
- This article is about a northeast Missouri county. For other uses, see Adair.
Adair County; 106 W Washington St; Kirksville, MO 63501; Ph. 660.665.3350 Details: (Co Redr has m & land rec from 1840: Clk Cir Ct has div & ct rec; Pro Clk has pro rec; Co Clk has school enumeration rec)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
106 W. Washington
Kirksville, MO 63501
Telephone: (660) 665-3350
See an interactive map of Adair County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
For tips on accessing Adair County, Missouri Genealogy census records online, see: Missouri Census.
- Interactive map of Adair County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Adair County.
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War Battle was fought in Adair County
Map showing Civil War battles in Missouri
TheAdair County Historical Society has created an obituary and death notice collection on its website. They have been extrated from the Kirksville Daily Express and cover from March, 1979 through December 31, 2010. There are some additional obituaries taken from the Unionville Republican which are earlier than the listed dates above.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 15 August 2012)