Accessing Ancestral Files on iPad Portable Devices
This is a line of tablet computers and multiple devices designed by Apple, Inc. which run on the Apple IOS operating system along with its own software. To learn more about this device, view the Wikipedia article here. Applications for this device are purchased through Apple's App Store. The devices do come with some pre-loaded applications, however, anything needed additionally can be acquired through the App store.
Instructions for when 'no' Wi-Fi is available
Instructions for Using an Application that works without Wi-Fi Access
Ancestry allows you to download your online Ancestry family tree,save it to your tablet and still view it. This makes one's database always available in a view mode.
- Ancestry interacts with one's online Ancestry Family Tree. One can add, edit and upload photos. This requires an internet connection.
- MobileFamilyTree Pro has the same features as MacFamilyTree while being a standalone application. Editing, adding photos, and videos are possible with this application. One is also able to sync all the data with MacFamilyTree on a Mac.
- MyHeritage works with one's ancestral tree on their site, MyHeritage.com and allow editing, adding photos, events and information to individuals.
- RootsMagic viewer works as a companion product to the desktop program RootsMagic.
- Families works in conjunction with Legacy Family Tree allowing viewability and editability.
- Heredis is a complete genealogical program for both your tablet and your Mac, it allows synchronizing between the two. It easily synchonizes with multiple devices. It also has the capability to enter data through speech using Siri.