Aberllynfi, Breconshire Genealogy
ABERLLYVNI, or ABERLLYNVY (ABER-LLYFNI, or ABER-LLYNFI), a hamlet, formerly a parish, in the union of Hay, hundred of Talgarth, county of Brecknock, South Wales, 4 miles (S. W. by W.) from Hay. This place is situated at the junction of the river Llyvni with the Wye, on the southern bank of the latter, and amid the most luxuriant and richly diversified scenery. It has long since ceased to exercise the ecclesiastical rights of a parish, though they have not been transferred to any adjoining place. The inhabitants marry and bury their dead at Glâsbury, from which circumstance Aberllyvni is commonly considered a hamlet to that parish.
Aberllynfi has no parish church of its own, for additional information on this parish see Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 12-25. Adapted. Date accessed: 22 January 2014.