9th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry
"The Irish Regiment"
- Mustered in September 26, 1861.
- Mustered in August 3, 1865.
- Organized at New Haven.
- Mustered out at Savannah, Georgia.
- Regiment History - History of the Ninth Regiment C.V. "The Irish Regiment", by Thomas Hamilton Murray - Online Book
The regiment was composed of men from all parts of Connecticut, but the majority of men in each unit resided in the following counties:
Company A - New Haven County
Company C - New Haven County
Company D - Fairfield County
Company E - New Haven County
Company F - New Haven County
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations, with additional enlistments and casualties to July 1, 1864. Compiled From Records in the Adjutant General's Office and Published by Order of the Legislature, by Horace J. Morse - Adjutant General - Online Book
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations : (infantry, cavalry, and artillery,) in the service of the United States, 1861-1865, with additional enlistments, casualties, &c., &c., and brief summaries, showing the operations and service of the several regiments and batteries (1869) by Connecticut. Adjutant-General's Office; Ingersoll, Colin M. (Colin Macrae), 1819-1904 - Online Book
- Ninth Regiment Connecticut Volunteers - This website includes a history of the Ninth as well as some soldier's stories, information on the makeup of the Ninth, a listing of known gravesites, a description of regimental flags and various newspaper histories; and more.
- 9th Connecticut (Irish) Regiment Graves - Roster by Name and Roster by Company
- Also see Connecticut in the Civil War.