7th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry
The 7th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry was organized at New Haven, Connecticut and mustered in September 13, 1861. This regiment was mustered out July 20, 1865 and discharged at New Haven August 11, 1865.
For more information on the 7th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry and its history, see:
- Regimental History - History of the Seventh Connecticut Volunteer Infantry : Hawley's Brigade, Terry's Division, Tenth Army Corps, 1861- 1865, by Stephen Walkley. Walkley was a private in Company A, 7th Connecticut Volunteer Infantry. FHL Collection FHL US/CAN Film 1550134 or FHL US/CAN Fiche 6082921 (4 fiche).
Companies in this Regiment
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. This regiment was composed of men from all over Connecticut.
Company C - Letters Home from the Civil War - The Civil War Archive
Company K - For more information about Company K and its history, see:
*A history of Company K of the Seventh Connecticut Volunteer Infantry in the Civil War, compiled by Jerome Tourtellotte, a member who was second in rank in the company when the regiment left the state for the front, and second in rank in the regiment when it returned to the state for final discharge. FHL Collection FHL US/CAN Fiche 6082920 (3 fiche) or FHL US/CAN Film 1491100.
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations, with additional enlistments and casualties to July 1, 1864. Compiled From Records in the Adjutant General's Office and Published by Order of the Legislature, by Horace J. Morse - Adjutant General - Online Book. Or FHL Collection on FHL US/CAN Fiche 6082886 (9 fiche) or FHL US/CAN Book 974.6 M2a .
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations : (infantry, cavalry, and artillery,) in the service of the United States, 1861-1865, with additional enlistments, casualties, &c., &c., and brief summaries, showing the operations and service of the several regiments and batteries (1869) by Connecticut. Adjutant-General's Office; Ingersoll, Colin M. (Colin Macrae), 1819-1904 - Online Book. Or FHL Collection FHL US/CAN Fiche 6082887 (10 fiche) or FHL US/CAN Film 1033670 Item 1.
- The Civil War in the East - Timeline of the 7th Connecticut Infantry Regiment
- Seventh Connecticut Infantry Regiment - This link describes the 7th Connecticut's part in the Battle of Olustee. Additional links on this page give more information and photographs of the regiment; as well as additional information on this battle.