7th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry
The 7th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry was organiezed at New Haven, Connecticut and mustered in September 13, 1861. This regiment was mustered out July 20, 1865 and discharged at New Haven August 11, 1865.
For more information on the 7th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry and its history, see:
- Regimental History - History of the Seventh Connecticut Volunteer Infantry : Hawley's Brigade, Terry's Division, Tenth Army Corps, 1861- 1865, by Stephen Walkley can be found on film or microfiche in the Salt Lake City Family History Library. Walkley was a private in Company A, 7th Connecticut Volunteer Infantry.
Companies in this Regiment
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. This regiment was composed of men from all over Connecticut.
Company C - Letters Home from the Civil War - The Civil War Archive
Company K - For more information about Company K and its history, see:
*A history of Company K of the Seventh Connecticut Volunteer Infantry in the Civil War, compiled by Jerome Tourtellotte, a member who was second in rank in the company when the regiment left the state for the front, and second in rank in the regiment when it returned to the state for final discharge. This history can be found on microfilm or fiche in the Salt Lake City Family History Library.
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations, with additional enlistments and casualties to July 1, 1864. Compiled From Records in the Adjutant General's Office and Published by Order of the Legislature, by Horace J. Morse - Adjutant General - Online Book
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations : (infantry, cavalry, and artillery,) in the service of the United States, 1861-1865, with additional enlistments, casualties, &c., &c., and brief summaries, showing the operations and service of the several regiments and batteries (1869) by Connecticut. Adjutant-General's Office; Ingersoll, Colin M. (Colin Macrae), 1819-1904 - Online Book
- The Civil War in the East - Timeline of the 7th Connecticut Infantry Regiment
- Seventh Connecticut Infantry Regiment - This link describes the 7th Connecticut's part in the Battle of Olustee. Additional links on this page give more information and photographs of the regiment; as well as additional information on this battle.