7th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry
- Mustered in September 13, 1861.
- Mustered out July 20, 1865.
- Organized at New Haven.
- Discharged at New Haven August 11, 1865.
- Regimental History - History of the Seventh Connecticut Volunteer Infantry : Hawley's Brigade, Terry's Division, Tenth Army Corps, 1861- 1865, by Stephen Walkley can be found on film or microfiche in the Salt Lake City Family History Library. Walkley was a private in Company A, 7th Connecticut Volunteer Infantry.
The regiment was composed of men from all over Connecticut.
Letters Home from the Civil War - The Civil War Archive
*http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titlehitlist&columns=*%2C0%2C0&title=The+History+of+the+Seventh+Connecticut+Volunteer+Infantry&pretitle=The+History+of+the+Seventh+Connecticut+Volunteer+Infantry A history of Company K of the Seventh Connecticut Volunteer Infantry in the Civil War], compiled by Jerome Tourtellotte, a member who was second in rank in the company when the regiment left the state for the front, and second in rank in the regiment when it returned to the state for final discharge. This history can be found on microfilm or fiche in the Salt Lake City Family History Library
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations, with additional enlistments and casualties to July 1, 1864. Compiled From Records in the Adjutant General's Office and Published by Order of the Legislature, by Horace J. Morse - Adjutant General - Online Book
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations : (infantry, cavalry, and artillery,) in the service of the United States, 1861-1865, with additional enlistments, casualties, &c., &c., and brief summaries, showing the operations and service of the several regiments and batteries (1869) by Connecticut. Adjutant-General's Office; Ingersoll, Colin M. (Colin Macrae), 1819-1904 - Online Book
- Seventh Connecticut Infantry Regiment - This link describes the 7th Connecticut's part in the Battle of Olustee. Additional links on this page give more information and photographs of the regiment; as well as additional information on this battle.
- The Stamford Historical Society, Inc. - Roster
Also see Connecticut in the Civil War.