69th Regiment, Indiana Infantry
Organized at Richmond, Indiana, and mustered in August 19, 1862. Return to Mobile, Florida, May 3 and duty there till July. Mustered out July 5, 1865.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 13 Dec 2010) can be searched by soldier's name or by regiment; includes regimental rosters and additional history of the regiment.
- The Civil War Archive. (accessed 13 Dec 2010) Brief history of the 69th Regiment, Indiana Infantry.
- Wikipedia (accessed 13 Dec 2010) article on the 69th Regiment, Indiana Infantry.
- Union Army Regimental History Index (accessed 14 Dec 2010) Index Of Regimental Histories: Artillery, Cavalry, Infantry, and other units, states Alabama to Indiana
- 69th Indiana Infantry monument (accessed 04 Jan 2011) located on Union Avenue 250 yards south of the Iowa Memorial.
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 4 January 2011).