5th Regiment, Pennsylvania Reserve Infantry (34th Volunteers)
This regiment was organized at Harrisburg June, 1861. It mustered out June 13, 1864. 
For more information on the history of this unit, see:
- The Civil War Archive section,5th Regiment Reserves Infantry (34th Volunteers), (accessed 13 September 2012).
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Field Officers and Staff - See Roster
Company A - Recruited in Lycoming County- See Roster
Company B -Recuited in Northumberland County- See Roster
Company C -Recruited in Clearfield County- See Roster
Company D -Recruited in Union County - See Roster
Company E -Recruited in Centre County - See Roster
Company F -Recruited in Bradford County - See Roster
Company G -Recruited in Huntingdon County- See Roster
Company H -Recruited in Lycoming County and Northumberland County- See Roster
Company I -Recruited in Huntingdon County - See Roster
Company K -Recruited in Lancaster County - See Roster
Unassigned men - See Roster
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Pennsylvania in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Pennsylvania in the Civil War describes many sources, specifically for Pennsylvania, and how to find them. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Pa Roots gives a history of this regiment and the battles it participated in. Also gives rosters for each company and some additional references.
- Historical Marker database shows pictures of battle area and monuments. Also gives a brief history.
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).