5th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry (90th Regiment, Indiana Volunteers)
Organized at Indianapolis, Indiana, August 22 to October 30, 1862
Expedition from Pulaski to New Market, Alabama, May 5-13. Mustered out June 16, 1865 
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 13 Dec 2010) can be searched by soldier's name or by regiment; includes regimental rosters and additional history of the regiment.
- The Civil War Archive. (accessed 13 Dec 2010) Brief history of the 5th Regiments, Indiana Cavalry (90th Regiment, Indiana Volunteers).
- Wikipedia (accessed 13 Dec 2010) article on 90th Regimental, Indiana Volunteers.
- Union Army Regimental History Index (accessed 14 Dec 2010) Index Of Regimental Histories: Artillery, Cavalry, Infantry, and other units, states Alabama to Indiana
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 4 January 2011).