3rd Regiment, Connecticut Infantry
- Mustered in May 14, 1861.
- Mustered out August 12, 1861.
- Organized at New Haven.
- Regimental History - History of the Third (Three Months) Connecticut Volunteers - Connecticut Military Department
The Regiment was composed of men from all parts of Connecticut, but most of the men in each unit resided in the following counties.
Infantry Company A - Fairfield County
Infantry Company B - New Haven County
Infantry Company C - Fairfield County
Infantry Company D - Fairfield County
Rifle Company A - Hartford County
Rifle Company B - New Haven County
Rifle Company C - New Haven County
Rifle Company D - New London County
Rifle Company E - Hartford County
Rifle Company F - Fairfield County
- Catalogue of the 1st, 2d, 3d, 4th, and 5th regiments, Connecticut volunteers, 1861 by the Adjutant General's Office at the Salt Lake City Family History Library.
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations, with additional enlistments and casualties to July 1, 1864. Compiled From Records in the Adjutant General's Office and Published by Order of the Legislature, by Horace J. Morse - Adjutant General - Online Book
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations : (infantry, cavalry, and artillery,) in the service of the United States, 1861-1865, with additional enlistments, casualties, &c., &c., and brief summaries, showing the operations and service of the several regiments and batteries (1869) by Connecticut. Adjutant-General's Office; Ingersoll, Colin M. (Colin Macrae), 1819-1904 - Online Book
- 3rd Connecticut Infantry - Connecticut State Library, Brady Collection of Civil War Photographs
Also see Connecticut in the Civil War.