Difference between revisions of "30th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry"
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
=== Source Material ===
=== Source Material ===
*[http://.// ], (accessed2011) the
Revision as of 14:50, 2 April 2011
The 30th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry (Colored) was organized at New Haven, Connecticut and was mustered in March 1864. It was never filled to the maximum, only four companies were finally organized. On the 18th of May, 1864 the regiment was consolidated with 31st Regiment United States Colored Troops. This regiment was mustered out at Hartford, Connecticut and discharged Dec. 1st, 1865.
Companies in this Regiment
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. This regiment was composed of men from all parts of Connecticut.
- Connecticut. Adjutant General's Office, Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations, with additional enlistments and casualties to July 1, 1864, (Hartford, Connecticut : Case, Lockwood, 1864), page 843. Available Online at Internet Archive, (accessed 8 Mar 2011). Also available at the Family History Library, FHL US/CAN Book 974.6 M2a, or FHL US/CAN Film 1550802.
- Adjutant General's Office, Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations : (infantry, cavalry, and artillery,) in the service of the United States, 1861-1865, with additional enlistments, casualties, &c., &c., and brief summaries, showing the operations and service of the several regiments and batteries, (Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1991), page 919. Includes index. Online at Internet Archive, (accessed 8 Mar 2011). Also available at the Family History Library, FHL US/CAN Fiche 6082887. or FHL US/CAN Film 1033670 Item 1.
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 2 Apr 2011), can be searched by soldier's name or by regiment; includes regimental rosters and additional history of the regiment. This site uses Joseph H. Crute's book,Units of the Confederate States Army, as their main source for the regiment history. Family History Library book 973 M2crua, FHL Collection, WorldCat, (accessed 2 Apr 2011).
- Footnote.com, (accessed 2 Apr 2011). (A subscription website, but is available for use at the Family History Library and some Family History Centers). It has digital Civil War soldier service records and brief regiment histories (located at the bottom of some of the muster rolls).
- Regimental Timeline - 30th Connecticut Infantry Regiment, (accessed 9 Mar 2011). The Civil War in the East