2nd Regiment, Connecticut Infantry
- Mustered in May 7, 1861.
- Mustered out August 7, 1861.
- Organized at New Haven.
- Regimental History - The Second Connecticut Volunteers - Connecticut Military Department
- Catalogue of the 1st, 2d, 3d, 4th, and 5th regiments, Connecticut volunteers, 1861 by the Adjutant General's Office at the Salt Lake City Family History Library.
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations, with additional enlistments and casualties to July 1, 1864. Compiled From Records in the Adjutant General's Office and Published by Order of the Legislature, by Horace J. Morse - Adjutant General - Online Book
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations : (infantry, cavalry, and artillery,) in the service of the United States, 1861-1865, with additional enlistments, casualties, &c., &c., and brief summaries, showing the operations and service of the several regiments and batteries (1869) by Connecticut. Adjutant-General's Office; Ingersoll, Colin M. (Colin Macrae), 1819-1904 - Online Book
- Civil War Soldiers - 2nd Connecticut Infantry Regiment - Alphabetical roster of regiment with name and place enlisted.
The regiment was composed of men from all parts of Connecticut, but the majority of men in each unit resided in the following counties.
Rifle Company A - New London and Windham Counties
Rifle Company B - New London County
Rifle Company C - New London County
Rifle Company D - Hartford County
Rifle Company E - Litchfield County
Rifle Company F - New Haven County
Infantry Company A - Middlesex County
Infantry Company B - Hartford and Litchfield Counties
Infantry Company C - New Haven County
Infantry Company D - New Haven County