28th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry
- Mustered in November 15, 1862.
- Mustered out August 28, 1863.
- Organized at New Haven.
The regiment was composed of men from all parts of Connecticut, but the majority of men in each unit resided in the following counties:
Company A - Fairfield County
Company B - Fairfield County
Company C - Fairfield County
Company E - Litchfield County
Company F - Litchfield County
Company G - Fairfield County
Company H - Fairfield County
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations, with additional enlistments and casualties to July 1, 1864. Compiled From Records in the Adjutant General's Office and Published by Order of the Legislature, by Horace J. Morse - Adjutant General - Online Book
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations : (infantry, cavalry, and artillery,) in the service of the United States, 1861-1865, with additional enlistments, casualties, &c., &c., and brief summaries, showing the operations and service of the several regiments and batteries (1869) by Connecticut. Adjutant-General's Office; Ingersoll, Colin M. (Colin Macrae), 1819-1904 - Online Book
- The Stamford Historical Society, Inc. - History and Roster
Also see Connecticut in the Civil War.