24th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry
- Mustered in November 18, 1862.
- Mustered out September 30, 1863.
- Organized at Middletown.
The regiment was composed of men from all parts of Connecticut, but the majority of men in each unit resided in the following counties:
Company A - Middlesex County
Company B - Middlesex County
Company D - Middlesex County
Company E - Hartford County
Company F - Middlesex County
Company G - Middlesex County
Company H - New Haven County
Company I - New Haven County
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations, with additional enlistments and casualties to July 1, 1864. Compiled From Records in the Adjutant General's Office and Published by Order of the Legislature, by Horace J. Morse - Adjutant General - Online Book
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations : (infantry, cavalry, and artillery,) in the service of the United States, 1861-1865, with additional enlistments, casualties, &c., &c., and brief summaries, showing the operations and service of the several regiments and batteries (1869) by Connecticut. Adjutant-General's Office; Ingersoll, Colin M. (Colin Macrae), 1819-1904 - Online Book
- Connecticut Civil War Grave Sites - 24th Regiment - Interment.net Cemetery Records Online.
Also see Connecticut in the Civil War.