1st Pennsylvania Regiment (Revolutionary War)
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:50, 1 June 2012 by Murphynw (merged sources)
Also known as the Pennsylvania Rifle Battalion and Thompson's Rifle Battalion.
- Company A - Captain James Chambers, Captain James Grier, Captain Thomas Buchanan - raised in Cumberland County (present-day Franklin County) (mainly Scots-Irish men)
- Company B - Captain Robert Cluggage, Major James Moore - raised in Bedford County (mainly Scots-Irish men)
- Company C - Captain Michael Doudle (or Doudel), Captain Henry Miller, Lieutenant Colonel Thomas Robinson - raised in York County (including present-day Adams County) (mainly Scots-Irish men)
- Company D - Captain William Hendricks, Captain James Wilson - raised in Cumberland County. Residences of many of this company's soldiers at the time of enlistment are unknown. (mainly Scots-Irish men)
- Company E - Captain John Lowdon, Captain James Parr, Captain Michael Simpson - raised primarily in Northumberland County (also recruited in present-day Union County) (mainly Scots-Irish men)
- Company F - Captain Abraham Miller, Captain Charles Craig, Captain Samuel Craig - recruited in Northampton County (including many Germans)
- Company G - Captain George Nagel, Captain Morgan Conner, Captain David Harris, Captain William Wilson - raised at Reading, Berks County (including many Germans)
- Company H - Captain James Ross, Captain James Hamilton, Captain David Ziegler - raised in Lancaster County (mainly Scots-Irish men)
- Company I - Captain Matthew Smith, 1st Lieutenant John Holliday, Captain John McClellan - raised in Lancaster County (present-day Dauphin County) (mainly Scots-Irish men)
- Trussell, John B.B. and Charles C. Dallas. The Pennsylvania Line; Regimental Organization and Operations, 1776-1783. Harrisburg, Pa.: Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, 1977. Digital version at Family History Archive.
- Wikipedia contributors, "1st Pennsylvania Regiment," http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Pennsylvania_Regiment, accessed 1 June 2012.
- Rosters Companies