19th Regiment, Tennessee Infantry
The 19th Regiment, Tennessee Infantry was assembled at Knoxville, Tennessee, during May and June, 1861, and entered Confederate service at Cumberland Gap. At Chattanooga,on April 26, 1865, it surrendered with 64 men. 
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Company A - from Hamilton County
- Company B - from Washington County
- Company C - from Sullivan County
- Company D - from Rhea County
- Company E - from Knox County
- Company F - from Polk County
- Company G - from Sullivan County
- Company H - from McMinn County
- Company I - from Hamilton County
- Company K - from Hawkins County
Company E (Captain John Paxton)- many men from Knox County
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier or sailor. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in 'Tennessee in the Civil War' and 'United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865' (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Tennessee in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Tennessee, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Lindsley, John B. The Military Annals of Tennessee: Confederate, First Series; Embracing a Review of Military Operations, with Regimental Histories and Memorial Rolls, Compiled from Original and Official Sources. 1886. Reprint. Spartanburg, South Carolina: Reprint Co., 1974. (Family History Library book 976.8 M2L.) Digital versions at Ancestry ($); Internet Archive. A brief history and memorial rolls of the 19th Tennessee Infantry begin on page 372. Also see page 902.
- Worsham, William Johnson, Old Nineteenth Tennessee Regiment, CSA, Knoxville, Tenn., Press of Paragon printing company, 1904. Online book at Internet Archive, (accessed 26 Feb 2012).
- Tennesseans in the Civil War, 19th Tennessee Infantry Regiment, (accessed 29 Dec 2011).
- The Nineteenth Tennessee (Confederate) Regiment, a brief history, (accessed 29 Dec 2011).
- Wikipedia, 19th Tennessee Infantry, (accessed 29 Dec 2011).
- YouTube - The Civil War: The 19th Tennesssee Regiment /150 Years Sesquicentennial, video (accessed 29 Dec 2011).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).