14th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry
- Mustered in August 23, 1862.
- Old members mustered out May 21, 1865. The remaining enlisted men transferred to the 2d regiment Connecticut heavy artillery May 30, 1865.
- Organized at Hartford.
- Veterans and recruits transferred to 2nd Regiment Connecticut Heavy Artillery May 30, 1865
- Regiment History - History of the Fourteenth Regiment, Connecticut Volunteer Infantry, by Charles D. Page - Online Book
The regiment was composed of men from all parts of Connecticut, but the majority of men in each unit resided in the following counties:
Company A - Fairfield County
Company B - Middlesex County
Company C - New Haven County
Company D - Tolland County
Company F - Hartford County
Company H - New London County
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations, with additional enlistments and casualties to July 1, 1864. Compiled From Records in the Adjutant General's Office and Published by Order of the Legislature, by Horace J. Morse - Adjutant General - Online Book
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations : (infantry, cavalry, and artillery,) in the service of the United States, 1861-1865, with additional enlistments, casualties, &c., &c., and brief summaries, showing the operations and service of the several regiments and batteries (1869) by Connecticut. Adjutant-General's Office; Ingersoll, Colin M. (Colin Macrae), 1819-1904 - Online Book
- Regimental Timeline - 14th Connecticut Infantry Regiment - The Civil War in the East
- The Stamford Historical Society - History and Roster
Also see Connecticut in the Civil War.