137th Regiment, Illinois Infantry (100 days, 1864)
The 137th Regiment, Illinois Infantry (100 days, 1864) was organized at Camp Wood, Quincy, Illinois, and mustered in for 100 days June 5, 1864. It mustered out September 4, 1864.
Companies in this Regiment with County of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
The following counties of origin are taken from the Adjutant General's Report, found on the Illinois Civil War Rosters web site. Roster pages are from the same report found on the Internet Archives web site. The rosters show the men who served in each regiment, their residences, dates of enlistment and mustering out, and other remarks.
- Company A - many men from Adams and Hancock counties - Adams and Hancock county web sites -
- Company B - many men from Adams County - Adams County web site -
- Company C - many men from McDonough and Knox counties - McDonough and Knox county web sites -
- Company D - many men from McDonough and Adams counties - McDonough and Adams county web sites -
- Company E - many men from Scott County - Scott County web site -
- Company F - many men from Pike County - Pike County web site -
- Company G - many men from McDonough and Adams counties - McDonough and Adams county web sites -
- Company H - many men from Brown and Pike counties - Brown and Pike county web sites -
- Company I - many men from McDonough County - McDonough County web site -
- Company K - many men from Schuyler County - Schuyler County web site -
- UnAssigned Recruits
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 30 Dec. 2010) can be searched by soldier's name or by regiment; includes regimental rosters and additional history of the regiment.
- Organized at Mattoon, Illinois, and mustered in for 100 days June 6, 1864. Mustered out September 28, 1864.