132nd Regiment, Illinois Infantry (100 days, 1864)
The 132nd Regiment, Illinois Infantry was organized at Camp Fry, Chicago, Illinois, and mustered in for 100 days June 1, 1864. It mustered out October 17, 1864. 
Companies in this Regiment with County of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
The following counties of origin are taken from the Adjutant General's Report, found on the Illinois Civil War Rosters web site. Roster pages are from the same report found on the Internet Archives web site. The rosters show the men who served in each regiment, their residences, dates of enlistment and mustering out, and other remarks.
- Company A - many men from LaSalle and Cook counties - LaSalle and Cook county web sites - Roster, vol. 7, page 5.
- Company B - many men from Cook and Fulton counties - Cook and Fulton county web sites - Roster, vol. 7, page 6.
- Company C - many men from Kane and Kendall counties - Kane and Kendall county web sites - Roster, vol. 7, page 8.
- Company D - many men from Fulton and Peoria counties - Fulton and Peoria county web sites - Roster, vol. 7, page 9.
- Company E - many men fromFulton County - Fulton County web site - Roster, vol. 7, page 11.
- Company F - many men from DeKalb County - DeKalb County web site - Roster, vol. 7, page 12.
- Company G - many men from Cook, Henry and Knox counties - Cook, Henry and Knox county web sites - Roster, vol. 7, page 14.
- Company H - many men from Rock Island County - Rock Island County web site - Roster, vol. 7, page 15.
- Company I - many men from Cook County - Cook County web site - Roster, vol. 7, page 17.
- Company K - many men from Cook, DeKalb and Winnebago counties - Cook, DeKalb and Winnebago county web sites - Roster, vol. 7, page 18.
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 30 Dec. 2010) can be searched by soldier's name or by regiment; includes regimental rosters and additional history of the regiment.
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 4 January 2011).