12th Virginia Regiment (Revolutionary War)
The 12th Regiment was formed in February 1777. Companies recruited men from Hampshire, Berkeley, Botetourt, Dunmore, and Prince Edward counties. State Troops recruited men from Botetourt, Augusta, Hampshire, and Frederick counties and West Augusta District. Field officers were Colonel James Wood, Lt. Colonel John Neville, and Major George Slaughter.
- Company - Captain Andrew Waggoner
- Company - Captain Steven Ashby
- Company - Captain Michael Bowyer
- Company - Captain Thomas Bowyer
- Company - Captain Benjamin Casey
- Company - Captain Rowland Madison
- Company - Captain William Vause
- Company - Captain Andrew Wallace
- The information above is from 12th Virginia Regiment at Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project.
- Rosters Companies 1-8
- "12th Virginia Regiment," Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project, http://valleyforgemusterroll.org/regiments/va12.asp, accessed 23 January 2012.