11th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry
The 11th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry was organized at Hartford, Connecticut and mustered in from October 24 to November 14, 1861. This regiment mustered out the 21st of December, 1865.
For more information about the 11th Regiment Infantry and its history, see:
- Regiment history - Civil War Reference, (accessed 9 Mar 2011).
Companies in this Regiment
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first. This regiment was composed of men from all parts of Connecticut.
Company A - 11th Regiment Connecticut Volunteer Infantry Co. A - "Averill's Rifles", (accessed 9 Mar 2011). History & photos
- Connecticut. Adjutant General's Office, Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations, with additional enlistments and casualties to July 1, 1864, (Hartford, Connecticut : Case, Lockwood, 1864), page 400. Available Online at Internet Archive, (accessed 8 Mar 2011). Also available at the Family History Library, FHL US/CAN Book 974.6 M2a, or FHL US/CAN Film 1550802.
- Adjutant General's Office, Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations : (infantry, cavalry, and artillery,) in the service of the United States, 1861-1865, with additional enlistments, casualties, &c., &c., and brief summaries, showing the operations and service of the several regiments and batteries, (Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1991), page 461. Includes index. Online at Internet Archive, (accessed 8 Mar 2011). Also available at the Family History Library, FHL US/CAN Fiche 6082887. or FHL US/CAN Film 1033670 Item 1.
- The Civil War in the East, (accessed 9 Mar 2011). Timeline of the 11th Connecticut Infantry Regiment
- Connecticut Civil War Grave Sites - 11th Connecticut Infantry, (accessed 9 Mar 2011). Cemetery Records online.
- The Stamford Historical Society, Inc., (accessed 9 Mar 2011). Roster
- United States. Army. Connecticut Infantry Regiment, 8th, 11th, 14th and 16th, (1861-1865), Souvenir of excursion to Antietam and dedication of monuments of the 8th, 11th, 14th and 16th regiments of Conn. volunteers, (Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1991). Pref. written by Walter J. Yates. Available at the Family History Library, FHL US/CAN Fiche 6082922.