11th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry
The 11th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry was organized at Hartford, Connecticut and mustered in from October 24 to November 14, 1861. This regiment mustered out the 21st of December, 1865.
For more information about the 11th Regiment Infantry and its history, see:
- Regiment history - Civil War Reference
Companies in this Regiment
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first. This regiment was composed of men from all parts of Connecticut.
Company A -
11th Regiment Connecticut Volunteer Infantry Co. A - "Averill's Rifles" - History, photos, etc.
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations, with additional enlistments and casualties to July 1, 1864. Compiled From Records in the Adjutant General's Office and Published by Order of the Legislature, by Horace J. Morse - Adjutant General - Online Book
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations : (infantry, cavalry, and artillery,) in the service of the United States, 1861-1865, with additional enlistments, casualties, &c., &c., and brief summaries, showing the operations and service of the several regiments and batteries (1869) by Connecticut. Adjutant-General's Office; Ingersoll, Colin M. (Colin Macrae), 1819-1904 - Online Book
- The Civil War in the East - Timeline of the 11th Connecticut Infantry Regiment
- Connecticut Civil War Grave Sites - 11th Connecticut Infantry - Interment.net Cemetery Records online.
- The Stamford Historical Society, Inc. - Roster