11th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 01:55, 5 November 2010 by CandyElledge
- Mustered in from October 24 to November 14, 1861.
- Mustered out December 21, 1865.
- Organized at Hartford.
- Regiment history - 11th Regiment Connecticut Volunteer Infantry Co. A - "Averill's Rifles" - Click on the highlighted areas for links to the history of the 11th Connecticut Regimental Volunteer Infantry
The regiment was composed of men from all parts of Connecticut, but the majority of men in each unit resided in the following counties.
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations, with additional enlistments and casualties to July 1, 1864. Compiled From Records in the Adjutant General's Office and Published by Order of the Legislature, by Horace J. Morse - Adjutant General - Online Book
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations : (infantry, cavalry, and artillery,) in the service of the United States, 1861-1865, with additional enlistments, casualties, &c., &c., and brief summaries, showing the operations and service of the several regiments and batteries (1869) by Connecticut. Adjutant-General's Office; Ingersoll, Colin M. (Colin Macrae), 1819-1904 - Online Book
- Connecticut Civil War Grave Sites - 11th Connecticut Infantry - Interment.net Cemetery Records online.
- The Stamford Historical Society, Inc. - Roster