10th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry
The 10th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry was organized at Hartford, Connecticut and mustered in October 22, 1861. On the 15th of August, 1865, this regiment was mustered out in Virginia.
For more information on the 10th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry and its history, see:
- Henry Clay Trumball, The knightly soldier: a biography of Major Henry Ward Camp, Tenth Conn., (Boston, Nichols and Noyes; New York, O. S. Felt, 1865). The book outlines the history of this regiment and follows Major Camp through his death at New Market, Virginia. Available online at Internet Archive. Also available at the Family History Library, FHL US/CAN Fiche 6082926.
Companies in this Regiment
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. This regiment was composed of men from all parts of Connecticut.
Company I was largely formed by men from Fairfield County.
- Connecticut. Adjutant General's Office, Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations, with additional enlistments and casualties to July 1, 1864, (Hartford, Connecticut : Case, Lockwood, 1864), page 372. Available Online at Internet Archive, (accessed 8 Mar 2011). Also available at the Family History Library, FHL US/CAN Book 974.6 M2a, or FHL US/CAN Film 1550802.
- Adjutant General's Office, Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations : (infantry, cavalry, and artillery,) in the service of the United States, 1861-1865, with additional enlistments, casualties, &c., &c., and brief summaries, showing the operations and service of the several regiments and batteries, (Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1991), page 423. Includes index. Online at Internet Archive, (accessed 8 Mar 2011). Also available at the Family History Library, FHL US/CAN Fiche 6082887. or FHL US/CAN Film 1033670 Item 1.
- The Civil War in the East , (accessed 9 Mar 2011). Timeline of the 10th Connecticut Infantry Regiment
- The Stamford Historical Society, Inc., (accessed 9 Mar 2011). History and Roster