Difference between revisions of "Øyestad Parish, Aust-Agder, Norway Genealogy"
|Line 45:||Line 45:|
Revision as of 21:01, 26 August 2011
Microfilm at the Family History Library for Øyestad prestegjeld (clerical distirct). Contains priest and sexton records for Øyestad (Øiestad) parish. Also included Fjære parish until 1845, when Fjære became its own clerical district; Froland until 1849, when Froland became its own clerical district; and Hisøy until 1872, when Hisøy became its own clerical district. Include christenings for Arendal church for the year 1804. Parish registers from 1630-1932.
Digitized Parish Registers available online at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives). Øyestad: 1692-1824, 1827-1918
Øyestad/Froland: 1683-1697, 1747-1826, 1828-1848.
Øyestad/Øyestad, Froland, Hisøy: 1816-1827
- 1664-1666: Fogdernes og sorenskrivernes manntall 1664-1666. The 1664-1666 census for Øyestad clerical district is available on microfilm at theFamily History Library. This census include the parishes of Fjære, Froland, and Øyestad, and was taken by the local civil authorities. It lists the names of the farms, farmowners (including widows), sons of farm owners, male farm hands, cottagers and sons of cottagers and the age of each person. The clerical authorities took a census during this same time period. Both censuses should be used as they supplement each other. The clerical census is more complete.
- 1664-1666: Sogneprestenes manntall 1664-1666. The 1664-1666 census for Øyestad is available on microfilm at theFamily History Library. This census include the parishes of Fjære, Froland, and Øyestad, and was taken by the local parish priests. It lists the name of the farms, names of farm owners (including widows), the sons of the farm owners, male farm hands, cottagers and their sons, and the ages of each person. There was another census taken by the civil authorities at this same time. Both censuses should be searched as they supplement each other. This clerical census is more complete
- 1701: Manntall 1701 : optatt av fogderi, sorenskrivere og sogne prester ifølge kongebrev av 26 Juli 1701.
The 1701 census is available on microfilm a the Family History Library. The census include the parishes ofFroland, Fjære, and Øyestad, and was taken for military purposes. It lists only the males living in rural districts who were over the age of one year. It includes the farm name, name and age of the owner, names and ages of sons and servants. Also includes the residence of all unmarried males living away from home when the census was taken.
- 1801: Folketelling 1 Feb 1801, Norge. The 1801 census for Øyestad is available on microfilm a the Family History Library. The 1801 census (b. 32) for Øyestad clerical district includes Øyestad, Fjære, Froland, and Hisøy parishes. It lists the farm name, person's name, position in the household, age, marital status, and occupation.A typewritten edition with indexes is available on microfiche. It is called "Mikrokortutgåva av 1801-teljina". Also available online at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives).
- 1865: Folketælling 31 December 1865. The 1865 census for Øyestad clerical districtinclude the parishes of Øyestad, and Hisøy and is available on microfilm at the Family History Library.
1640-1824 Probates are kept in Nedenes judicial district.
1852-1892 Probates are kept in Nedenes judicial district.