Årdal is a parish in Hjelmeland clerical district. Records begin in 1760.
Microfilms at the Family History Library cover the years: 1760-1961. See Family History Library Catalog for full details and microfilm numbers.
- Christenings (Døbte): 1760-1961
- Introductions (Introduserte): 1799-1816
- Confirmations (Konfirmerte): 1760-1797, 1799-1815, 1817-1924
- Banns (Lysninger): 1799-1816
- Engagements (Trolovede): 1760-1798
- Marriages (Viede): 1760-1926
- Stillborn (Dødfødte): 1799-1816
- Burials (Begravede): 1760-1926
- Vaccinations (Vaksinerte): 1814-1816, 1843-1861, 1863-1866
- Moving in and out (Inflyttede og Utflyttede): 1824-1861, 1863-1913
- Removed or added to state church (1849, 1896-1925
Digital images of the church books are available at Digitalarkivet.
- Hjelmeland / Hjelmeland, Fister, Årdal: 1760-1799
- Hjelmeland: 1799-1816
- Hjelmeland / Årdal: 1816-1926
- 1701: The census of 1701 was taken for military purposes. It lists only the males living in rural districts who were over the age of one year. It includes the farm name, name and age of the owner, names and ages of sons and servants. Also includes the residence of all unmarried males living away from home when the census was taken.Mantallet (Census) 1701 for Stavanger Amt (Rogaland County) at Digitalarkivet.
- 1801 The 1801 census (b. 38) for Hjelmeland clerical district includes Hjelmeland, Fister, and Årdal parishes. It lists the farm name, person's name, position in the household, age, marital status, and occupation. 1801-telling (census) at Digitalarkivet.
- 1835 The 1835 census for Hjelmeland clerical district which includes the following parishes: Hjelmeland, Fister and Årdal. Includes the farm names, head of houshold (or his widow), his wife, children, other family members staying in household, poor people, servants, occupation, sex, age, birthdate, in some cases death date and some other miscellaneous information.
- 1855 The 1855 census for Hjelmeland clerical district, Rogaland county includes these parishes: Hjelmeland, Fister, and Årdal. It lists the farm name, persons name, age, some birth dates, and other misc. information.
- 1865 This census contains the persons name, residence, status in the family, occupation, sex, martial status, place of birth, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous information. Each book usually contains one clerical district (prestegjeld). In some books there are two clerical districts recorded. The parishes and school districts in each clerical district are listed at the beginning of each book. 1865-telling (census) at Digitalarkivet.
- 1875 This 1875 census contains the persons name, residence, position in the family, occupation, sex, marital status, year of birth, place of birth, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous information.
- 1900 This census contains the persons name, sex, resident or temporary resident, temporarily absent and where person is, position in the family, marital status, occupation, year of birth, place of birth, citizenship, religion, and other miscellaneous information. 1900-telling (census) at Digitalarkivet.
- 1616-1701. The court records contain reports of civil and criminal actions, including the allodial rights, "odelssaker". You will find names, dates, places, and relationships in these records. The records have no indexes, therefore require time to study. They are excellent sources for genealogical research and at times you can find entire families through several generations. These records must be used in conjunction with the mortgage records, probate records, or other records.
- 1670-1910: These mortgage records give information about real estate, conveyances, mortgages, and other transactions of properties. Contracts, agreements, and deeds are also recorded in these books. The panteregisters are extracts of these records. Digitised Real Estate Registers at Digitalarkivet.
Probate records for the years 1666-1795 are in the combined Ryfylke and Karmsund judicial districts in Rogaland county.
For 1786-1876 the records are in the Ryfylke judicial district.
The clerical probates are found in Ryfylke deanery in Rogaland county, Norway. They are for the years 1786-1807.
Return to Rogaland County►
Return to Portal:Norway►